If you are one of the millions that recently lost their job or stuck in your life, questions like “now what?” or “what’s next?” can present major stressors without providing the clarity you desire. Below are three ways you can slow down and reflect to give yourself the forward momentum to drive towards a better future with clarity and purpose.
1. Life Roadmap
Any product, project, or program will have a roadmap, why shouldn’t you? Look back and find the hidden threads, look forward and imagine your future.
- What have I done? What is my life story and what is the common thread?
- What is something I’ve always wanted to do but put off or been too afraid to begin?
- Pro life roadmaps
2. Mirror Interview:
We are capable of deep insights about others, but are often blind to our own strengths and areas of genius. Ask people who know you well to tell you about yourself, take notes or record what they say.
- “What do you think are my strengths?”
- “Can you remember a time where I was really successful at something?”
- “What do you think are some of my hidden talents that I take for granted?”
- “What have you noticed gets me really energized?”
3. Make Space for Insights
It may seem like a waste of time but contemplation can open new possibilities previously unseen and give yourself space to determine where you really want to go before rushing to spruce up your resume. Here are a few ways to contemplate with purpose.
Write/Journal: If you have something to say, now is the time to get your voice out there or use a journal to speak to yourself.
Pose questions to yourself